23 December 2020
APSTO Advisory: Interpretation of the latest government restrictions for England for Tier 4
The most recent government advice for England includes information about the new Tier 4 restrictions, and they can be viewed in full here. (See separate guidance for Wales and Scotland and Northern Ireland).
The restrictions include several specific points that must be adhered to that have a direct impact on diving professionals including:
- If you live in a Tier 4 area, you must not leave your home unless you have a reasonable excuse (e.g. for work or education purposes).
- You must stay at home and not leave your Tier 4 area, other than for legally permitted reasons.
- Indoor gyms and sports facilities will close. Outdoor sports courts, outdoor gyms, golf courses, outdoor swimming pools, archery/driving/shooting ranges, riding centres and playgrounds can remain open for individual exercise, and for people to use with others within your household, support bubble, or with one person from another household.
- Leisure and sports facilities such as leisure centres and indoor gyms, indoor swimming pools, indoor sports courts, indoor fitness and dance studios, indoor riding centres, and indoor climbing walls must close.
- Outdoor recreation or exercise is permitted. This should be done locally wherever possible, but you can travel a short distance within your Tier 4 area to do so if necessary (for example, to access an open space).
APSTO will continue to monitor the advice being provided by the government and will update our advisories as required.